Friday, March 19, 2010

My God is an Awesome God!

Wow. This past week I've been so floored by God's reminders that it isn't funny. Last week sometime, I was checking on my grades for algebra. Thinking that I had flunked my last test, I scrolled down to the test 2 slot. Instead of finding a 65 or something similar, I found a 100%. A WHAT?! If I hadn't been sitting down when I saw my grade, I would have fainted. This chapter was one that I struggled with and I didn't think I would do very well on the test, but I guess that getting that 100 was not only a confidence booster from God, it was also His way of reminding me that hard work, in any area, will be rewarding in the end. I didn't give up on the chapter, and I think that getting an A on the test just reminded me that I'm capable of more than I think I am.

Today I received a letter from my college informing me that I had been accepted into the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Now, I was shocked that I left last semester with a 3.6 GPA, but this takes the cake. Again, I'm glad I was sitting down when I read this letter because otherwise I think I would've fainted dead away. Of course, there was a fee, but my parents wanted me to accept the membership because of how good it will look on my resume (haha). I've never been in any kind of honor society, and not only is this gratifying, it's humbling. The past few weeks I've been in a mood of "I'm worth nothing because I'm stupid. I'm worth nothing because I'm not pretty or thin or anything." These two events just exist to remind me that there is One who values me for who I am. He may not like all that I do or say, but He is going to remind me that I'm valuable to Him.

This past week was also spring Break, but "Break" was kind of an oxymoron. Why? Well, I have a paper due this comin Monday/Wednesday, and I had to take all my books with me to Mississippi. But I ended up not actually "working" a whole lot; I ended up playin the Wii more than I worked on the paper, haha. I think that there are more important things than a paper, and that's spending time with family. It's been a fantastic week and one that I won't forget anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment