Friday, August 24, 2012

Start of the Finish

You might be reading the title and going, "huh? What does that mean?"  Well, I'll tell you: today was my last official academic class day with my classmates in the VMTP program, and as I realized that, I was a little saddened by it.  Am I sad about all the hours I won't have to sit in class anymore listening to lectures?  Heavens no!  Monday I begin my externship (internship that is shortened), and it's a day I've been both looking forward to and dreading at the same time.  Looking forward to because I'll finally get to start applying everything I've been learning, and I know it will all come together for me once I start putting it in action.  Dreading it, because it means remembering things I haven't read or seen in nearly a year.  I also have a lot of responsibility personally because I have to have certain assignments completed each week, and it's a lot to keep up with.

I sometimes get irritated with my classmates.  There were times I probably said things in ways I shouldn't have, or I could have been nicer in some instances.  But, I don't think I'd trade them out for anything.  I've made some friends that I've been thankful to have, especially when I was struggling in a class or with a topic.

So, I guess this concludes the end of my first official week as a senior.  What a whirlwind journey it's been thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment