Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vacation Bible School

I said I'd blog about VBS last Friday, but I was so tired and stressed out, I forgot. So here's my Friday post. haha.

I was helping with 4 year olds this past week. Not the place I wanted to be, but the place where I was put. Thankfully, I had two youth helping out in Pre-K, which was right next door. They made the day go just a little faster and made it just a little more fun, as we always were talking and having fun with each other. I didn't get a headache until Friday morning. On average, we had about 12 kids each day, combined with about 12-14 of Pre-K kids. So, we had 30 or 25 each day. Good grief! A saving grace was the playground. I think it was Tuesday when we started using it because the kids were having a meltdown. In my opinion, they and Pre-K are too young to be there because they take naps. In fact, on Thursday, when we were watching Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie, one kid came up to the teacher and asked, "When are we going to lay down?" (we had turned out the lights) The teacher turned to me and another helper and said, "I don't know, but that sounds like a great idea to me!"

Then, as soon as VBS ended, some of the kids (Tuesday-Friday) stayed from 12-2 p.m. to practice for our musical. I was one of them, so I had to be up at the church from 7:45 a.m. until 3 p.m. because the drama team had to stay 30 minutes to an hour after everyone else had left. I was t-i-r-e-d. So was my mom and the music director. But, it was worth it on Sunday morning when we, and the children's choir, presented the 2009 Vacation Bible School musical, "Boomerang Express." And yes, it was Australian themed. It was about how everything in your life comes back, like a boomerang, to your relationship with Jesus Christ. We didn't do any of it perfectly. There is no way to do so! But, the reason we did it was to show people what we had learned, and to share the gospel with those who may not be familiar with it. That was the most important thing; we did it to glorify Christ. That's why all the hard work was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment