Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sprint Cup Race: Dover International Speedway (May 31st, 2009)

I used to keep up my blog on Yahoo 360, and one of the main topics I blogged on was the weekly race. I was sifting through all my old blogs on there and got to thinking, "I've got a new blog now; why don't I just continue my thoughts on each race?" So that's what I'm going to do.

I missed the first 85 laps of the Dover race today. (The church took me, my parents, the music director, her husband, the church secretary and her husband and four other people out to lunch after church today) For the most part, the race was pretty boring. A few wrecks here and there, but nothing to really scream about.

At least, not until the last 15 laps. Boy, was that exciting! Why? Tony moved around Greg Biffle to take the lead! He lead for 12 laps, putting him in the points lead and giving him a few extra. I really thought he'd win, because he seemed to have a fast car, but he didn't; alas, Jimmie Johnson (aka the NASCAR cheating driver) won. They interviewed Tony after the race, and though I don't know him personally, I could tell he was upset and disappointed. REALLY disappointed. You could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes. Total disappointment. He IS first in points though, which is good news. But, I'm being pessimistic about it. why? Well, Kyle Busch was 1st in points this time last year, and everyone thought he'd win, but he didn't; Johnson did, so I'm not keeping my hopes up. I mean, Tony is awesome, and I want him to win the Cup, but yet, I don't want to get overly optimistic. I did that with Kyle Busch and he was at the bottom of the points by November.

On another note, I sent an e-mail to Darrell Waltrip to notify him that I'm sick and tired of he and his buddies gloating over Earnhardt Jr. and Hendrick Motorsports. Jr., number one, has no talent, and number 2, is only famous because of his dad. Johnson, on the other hand, is a known and proven cheater, as Chad Knaus said in a race in 2007 that they would pay the fines and keep cheating for as long as possible. There are some other drivers down on that track who deserve a little more publicity. Drivers who may actually have talent and who are struggling to make it in NASCAR. I told DW that if Johnson wins the championship this year, I'm out of being a NASCAR fan. Johnson has won the past 3 championships; 2 of which he didn't deserve because he and his team cheated.

Also, Jr needs to take responsibility for things he's done. But he's even said, "I deserve respect because of my dad and of who I am." Oh please. The guy can't even win races half the time, and the last race he won he only won because everybody else ran out of gas.

Okay, so I'm done griping for now. Haha. I will blog next about my experience at the vet clinic on Wednesday; I'm starting my volunteer session tomorrow and will be working through the summer. (working but not getting paid, lol). Also, on Saturday I'm taking my SAT test so please be praying for me then. I sure could use it! Sunday afternoon\evening I'll blog about the next race. Wherever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment