Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tests and Wal-Mart

Well, I can honestly say that this week hasn't gone well. Today was AWFUL. First of all, I woke up at 5:30, got ready as usual, but had to wait to get dressed because the clothes are where my parents' makeshift bedroom is. I should have gotten my clothes last night, but I'll know better Wednesday. Anyways, I woke up with my stomach hurting, a repeat of yesterday morning; I really think it was due to me drinking milk Sunday night, then a piece of cheese last night (I'm probably lactose intolerant like my mom), but yeah, I wasn't very hungry and usually I wait and eat when I get on the road so that whatever I eat lasts me a little longer. I didn't realize that we were completely out of bacon and biscuits/sausage and biscuits, and so I grabbed a packet of cheese crackers (didn't really bother me as badly as the other cheese products) and that was my breakfast. Needless to say, it's not a very substantial one. I made a sandwich as usual and cut it in half so I could eat it when I got hungry. So I was mad about the fact that I had no actual breakfast, nearly didn't get out the door at 7 as usual, and that I was mad. Yes, I was mad because I was mad and frustrated. ANd yes, I do have a short fuse for a temper. It doesn't take much to set me off, and it's something I should work on.

I got to Algebra class on time, and received my test back. I made a 78...not great, but still passing. Then went on to history and received my test results and paper back; she grades the reading journal, test, and paper together. I made an 84 (B-). I knew my paper wasn't an A; mainly because of the fact that I had never written in MLA format so this was a test run for me. Composition I didn't get anything back yet; my teacher said she hoped to get our papers back to us by Thursday; I think I made a B, but I don't think it was an A. Biology I got nothing back...my first test I made an 80 something. I made a B, obviously. Something I'm proud about. So after classes were done, I stuck around G-ville because my mom is takin some classes there at the school, and we were going to go eat at Cracker Barrel when she got out. So I had to stick around for a couple of hours; well I needed to run to Wal-Mart and get some school stuff, and at the four-way stop sign, as I was turning left, I was obviously somewhat accelerating. I hit a patch of something and nearly lost complete control of the car. I tapped my brakes and the car straightened out, but my heart was racing. I have been trying lately to drive more carefully and not be in such a hurry, but I don't know if it was me or if my tires just decided to slide. My car has absolutely no traction in it whatsoever, and I dread having to drive in winter weather. But the Lord was with me today, and apparently, I'm not yet meant to get into a wreck.

Can you see that today has been a little eventful?

No comments:

Post a Comment