Saturday, October 17, 2009

Is it Body Wash or Hand Lotion?!

Yesterday we made our weekly trip to Wichita Falls to do our grocery shopping. Well we actually buy more than groceries, but generally that's what it's called. Anyway, last week I realized just how many winter clothes I had left, which aren't very many, and that I needed some new ones as I've gained several pounds since last year, and my shirts seemed to have gotten shorter. So I asked if we could go to Target since I like their clothes a lot better than Wal-Mart, and usually Target has a much better selection.

So I find several cute shirts that I love, plus a "dress" coat for Sundays, and a camisole since my old(er) one is in bad shape. I'm feeling pretty good about my picks because usually I pick out 5 or 6 things and only come away with one thing that I can wear; this time, out of 5 or 6, I only had 2 I couldn't wear. (When Igot home, I realized one of the shirts I picked out didn't fit at all, so make that 3).

We are on our way to the checkout when we look at the travel aisle; i.e. where they have trial/travel sized shampoos and such. I find about 3 things that I wanted to try, including what I thought was hand lotion from Dove. I get it home and pay little attention to what is actually on the bottle. I put it on my hands that night and I said, "Wow, this stuff is pretty sticky/thick. Don't neeed much of it!"

Today, I go to put some more of it on, and in fact had poured out some onto my hands when I took a closer look at the bottle. It said, "Body Wash with 1\4 hydrating lotion." I felt so stupid. Talk about a blonde moment! Messed me up since I really like that smell, but now I'll have to only use it for a shower. Darn.

2 comments:

  1. Haha - I did the same thing. We stopped at the B&BW outlet in Vicksburg, and I thought I was buying a travel size lotion, only to get several miles down the road and realize I got body wash instead. Oh well! It was only a dollar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking they should enlarge the print or something. Or maybe it's a ploy to get you to buy it if you think it's something else.

    ReplyDelete