Saturday, October 31, 2009

What a Week

*Big Sigh of Relief*


That's what I've felt as I reached yesterday. It seems like this past week just kept getting worse and worse. First, our cat hurt his knee/hip (the one that had surgery several years ago) Monday, and we had to take him to the vet Tuesday. Turns out he must have just sprained it, because now he's completely normal after he was given an anti-inflammatory injection. He's our million dollar cat, even though he's a mixed breed.

Second, my mom had to go to the doctor Wednesday, so I took her there and she was told what she had suspected all along: she had developed a sinus infection. They gave her a shot, and a *free* prescription for Nasonex. Yesterday she also finished out her last day as a Home Health Aide, something she was looking forward to.

Third, I've had a lot of homework this weekend. I love my composition teacher because she is very lenient with our due dates, and essay 3 isn't due until Thursday...but I should work on it more anyways. Monday is my second biology lab test; another thing I need to prepare for. Thursday is my 3rd history test, and then the Tuesday following that, my 3rd position paper is due. *screams* And I need to do algebra homework (though my teacher doesn't require it, because I'd never get it turned in on time). Whew. So glad it's nearly the end of the semester, because I need a break. I'm very much looking forward to my 18th birthday and Christmas! Why? Because I get to spend Christmas with 2 of the most important people in my life: my sister and big brother (in-law). Last year was our first Christmas without my sister home, which was hard and made me really dread the day, but this year they'll be here! Yay!

Oh, and tonight was our church's annual Fall Carnival. I used my graduation formal as my "costume", complete with a tiara and flowing ribbons. I got several compliments, including one from someone I didn't expect (I don't like him, but it nearly knocked me over when he gave me a compliment). I decided to be a "bad" preacher's daughter and leave early. I know, shame on me right? Hey, it's Halloween.

Not really, I hate the holiday because it creeps me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment