Thursday, April 2, 2009

A New Day

Often, a new day brings about a new change of mind or mindset. Last night, or rather early this morning before I headed to bed, I spent more time in prayer than I usually do. Confessing and asking God to help me not be so bitter and to not hate some people when they do something stupid or (in my eyes) wrong.

I realized, almost with horror, that while I had been complaining about some people, I was turning into what I despised most! Isn't that how God works? He'll let us gripe and complain, then He'll say, "Okay, look in the mirror" and we see that we're exactly what we disliked. Hurts though, doesn't it? I know it hurt me.

And not really finding my devotional helpful, I thumbed through the book of Hebrews. Here is the passage I found: "...let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean, from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."-Heb. 10:22. I looked at that and thought, "Wow. Directed exactly at me."

While I still am very unhappy about a certain chain of events, I know that eventually, these people will get knocked down a step or two off their pedastal. I don't respect them anymore inwardly because of how they act (even though they're adults). But honestly, aren't I the same kind of person?

No comments:

Post a Comment