Saturday, April 4, 2009

Race Weekend at TMS (Part 1)

Okay, so I'm not at TMS today like I was last year, but so what? Usually, I don't watch the Nationwide race(s) but since it's at Texas, I decided to since I was there last year (on First Contact day!)

The O'Reilly 300 was my first ever NASCAR race, and though I would have preferred to also go to the Samsung 500 (Sprint Cup) race, I had a blast at the 300 last year. The smell of race fuel, burnt rubber, and tire smoke (which smells like Corn Nuts). The sound of 43 stock cars roaring to life after the words, "Gentlemen, start your engines!" The reverent atmosphere as the national anthem was sung and as the invocation (prayer) was given. The roar of the fans as those 43 cars came down the race track to the first green flag to start the race. You knew who your friends and enemies were just by looking at them (lol!), and it was quite interesting to see people. You definitely knew who were the Earnhardt, Jr. fans.

But I guess more imporant than it being my 1st race, it was also when I first met Jeff. We and my parents met him at IHOP in Decatur that morning. To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what to expect about him. But I thought that if he was willing to come halfway across the country just to meet Rhyan and us, he had to be worth something! So after we ate breakfast at IHOP and visited, I guess about an hour, I went with Rhyan and Jeff back to her house approx. 5 miles from TMS and my parents went shopping in Fort Worth while we went off to watch some racin'. I'm sure people felt sorry for Jeff while we were walking in and around TMS because he had all his Gordon gear on, and Rhyan and I had our Stewart gear on; he was outnumbered! Anyways, I don't think Rhyan and Jeff paid that much attention to the race...every time I looked at them they were holding hands (I know, you both will get back at me if I ever start dating)...but yeah, they were and still are quite twitterpaited with each other. ;) (you know I love you guys!)

Well, I'm going to continue this blog tomorrow during\after the Samsung 500. Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, let's Go Racing at Texas Motor Speedway, boys
!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Copperfox paying my respects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not twitterpaited!! LOL! Ok, maybe we are....
    But hey, I DO remember SOME things about that race..hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things? Like....what? lol.

    Hello Copperfox! I didn't know you were on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, like the guy spilling beer on Jeff. The guy in the huge cowboy hat. The guys who were half naked behind us. And Kyle Busch winning. See? I remember SOME things...so there! :D

    ReplyDelete